R Studio has many basic functions that are coming with it. r studio at the same time is designed to be flexibly extended with new functions. This is done with so-called package. on this website we will install repeatedly.
Packages can be installed in R Studio with the following command. Installed packages remain permanently in your R Studio software.
After installation, packages must be activated. For each script written, the corresponding packages must be turned on. This is done by the “library” command, which looks like this:
It is recommended to activate all required packages at the beginning of the script. This could look like this:
How a package works or can be used in detail always depends on the package itself. The statistical software R has a large and lively community that is always developing new and very useful new features.
As a rule, each package contains a user manual in the form of a help function. To call this up, it is simply required to enter:
or this command
Of course, certain information can alternatively be found via a search engine on the Internet. Dealing with the help function is much faster.
Useful R packages
- ggplot2 (drawing)
- plotly (more plots)
- reeinstallr (keeps packages updated)
- data.table (tables)
The most popular R packages:
- Rcpp Seamless R and C++ Integration
- ggplot2 An Implementation of the Grammar of Graphics
- stringr Simple, Consistent Wrappers for Common String Operations.
- plyr Tools for Splitting, Applying and Combining Data
- digest Create Cryptographic Hash Digests of R Objects
- reshape2 Flexibly Reshape Data: A Reboot of the Reshape Package
- colorspace Color Space Manipulation
- RColorBrewer ColorBrewer Palettes
- manipulate Interactive Plots for RStudio.
- scales Scale Functions for Visualization
- labeling Axis Labeling
- proto Prototype object-based programming.
- munsell Munsell colour system.
- gtable Arrange grobs in tables
- dichromat Color Schemes for Dichromats
- mime Map Filenames to MIME Types.
- RCurl General network client interface for R
- bitops Bitwise Operations
- zoo S3 Infrastructure for Regular and Irregular Time Series
- knitr A General-Purpose Package for Dynamic Report Generation in R.
An overview of useful R packages can be found here
For Data Science in particular: